Friday, July 31, 2009

Grow 'em or sew 'em (flowers)

This is the final arrangement of my little bouquet quilt....until I start permanently attaching the flowers...that is. Started with the flowers in loose groups...darker purples on the lighter background with lighter colors on the darker background. The main colors for the flowers are purple (dark and light), rose pink and coral. More variety was needed. After rumaging through my non-quilting stash, I found some eggplant velvet, palest pink and light gold dupioni silk, and some white eyelet. These broadened the palette of flower colors. So, once I had the flowers in groups by color, then I switched out a few of each color so it wasn't so color blocked and looked "looser" and more haphazard. I could re-arrange these flowers until I die and still not settle on the perfect arrangement.

The next step is to secure the flowers to the background and i think the best way for me to do that is by fusing the flowers to the background and then attempting to quilt over the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment